This position will support the Ethics and Compliance Director Americas by managing all aspects of the compliance program for the Latin America region, including the regional-based global anti-corruption compliance program, risk assessments, local training efforts, policy development, monitoring, compliance counselling, investigations, discipline and management reporting. This position will be responsible for reducing and managing the risk of violating laws and regulations applicable to Stericycle’s businesses on a regional level.
Key Job Activities:
- Effectively communicate standards of conduct, legal principles and behavioral expectations; and advise senior management on complex compliance related issues. Provide support to local business leaders and team members on ethics and compliance issues.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; work with the Ethics and Compliance Director, Americas to develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Establish, promote and manage the Office of Ethics and Compliance Hotline for the LATAM region, responding to reported allegations, by evaluating, initiating, or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures, in collaboration with other relevant departments, as applicable.
- Monitor regional, national, and local regulations to determine how changes impact company, and provide recommendations on strategies for compliance.
- Conduct in-person training where appropriate, in local language, and contribute to LATAM-specific training materials for application across all Stericycle Business Units on a regional and local level as related to corresponding Office of Ethics and Compliance policies.
Critical Requirements for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education or experience required; graduate or legal degree desirable;
- Minimum of 4 years related job experience in a compliance or related field, such as legal, risk management, or audit. Expertise in compliance-related work, including experience with FCPA or other anti-bribery/anti-corruption regulations, anti-trust, data privacy/protection, fraud-related issues, and cross-border investigations;
- An understanding of international anti-corruption laws, including the FCPA, Clean Company Act, and UK Bribery Act, is mandatory;
- Detail oriented, able to exercise sound judgment and to observe the highest degree of confidentiality in the handling of information received;
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including experience interacting with senior management;
- Foreign language skills – Native Portuguese speaker and fluency in both Spanish and English is a must;
- Strong decision-making, solid judgment, critical thinking, creativity, and problem-solving skills;
- Self-starter with ability to work with limited supervision;
- Availability for frequent Domestic and International travels.
Living our values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role but also for potential growth to other roles across Stericycle in the future.
If you believe you are just the right person for this position please submit your resume: here , before May 8th.